Camp Pinehurst was founded in 1946 by Mr. and Mrs. George Hartley Curtis. Their son, John Curtis and his wife, Jean, are still the directors today. John and Jean's son, Jack, and his wife Elizabeth are also directors. This puts Pinehurst in its third generation of Curtis ownership and directorship.
John Curtis was the Director of Athletics at Fairfield Country Day School in Fairfield, Connecticut from 1965 until he retired in the spring of 2005. He was on the staff when Pinehurst was founded and has been a director at Camp Pinehurst since 1956.
Jean Curtis, John's wife, was a Kindergarten Assistant at Fairfield Country Day School until she retired in 2004. Jean runs the books and has been a director at Camp Pinehurst since 1965.
John "Jack" Curtis JR was born at Pinehurst! He has been a camper, a counselor in training and a counselor before becoming a director in 1983. Jack teaches 7th Grade Language Arts at Hudson Memorial School in Hudson, New Hampshire.
Elizabeth Curtis, Jack's wife, runs the waterfront and teaches the Red Cross swimming courses. She has been a director at Pinehurst since 1991. Elizabeth teaches 8th Grade Language Arts at Hudson Memorial School in Hudson, New Hampshire.